My wife is crafting again with the kids. She made quite a lot of felt bow Christmas ornaments. The great thing about these ornaments is they are super cute and are cheap to make.
What exactly are Felt bow ornaments
Felt bow ornaments are a popular Christmas decoration. They are made by wrapping ribbon around a felt ball and tying it in the middle. The ornament can be further decorated with glitter, buttons, beads, or other small items.
Felt bow ornaments are a popular Christmas decoration that is made by wrapping ribbon around a felt ball and tying it in the middle. The ornament can be further decorated with glitter, buttons, beads, or other small items.
How to make felt bow ornaments at home
You will need the following supplies to complete them:
- One sheet of felt
- a ruler and a pen
Here is how you make these lovely ornaments
- Cut strips of felt (length wise) that are each 3/4inch thick. You will need 9 of them. The thickness of the felt depends on the size fo the felt you want to make.
- Cut 3 of the strips down to 12 inches, 3 more of the strips down to 11 inches, 2 more of the strips down to 10 inches and the last strip should be 3 1/2 inches long. You can adapt the measurement a bit.
- Twist the end of each strip into a loop and join the ends in a figure eight. It helps to remember that the backside of the felt twisted to join the front side of the felt. The felt should hold its shape. If it doesn’t, you can simply pin it on a cardboard or styrofoam.
- Twist each strip into a loop, only leaving the smallest piece.
- Take the shortest piece and connect the ends to form a cylinder.
- Begin creating the bow by taking the loops (largest to smallest) and stacking them on top of each other.
- You can use either a needle and thread to hand sew each loop together in the center or glue it.
- Attach a felt loop on the back of the ornament so you will be able to hang it.
Wasn’t that easy! Pretty and easy decorations that can be used as ornaments, gift decoration, or pinned on as a festive broach.